Sign up for our Chamber E-mails
Spend locally! Great for gifts!
Would you like to be in the Independence Day Parade
for July 4th, 2015?
Line-up: 9:00am at Sault High School
Start Time: 10:00am
Start at Sault High School, turn west onto Marquette, turn north onto Minneapolis, turn west onto Easterday, turn north onto Ashmun, turn northwest onto Portage, turn south and end on Magazine.
This year we are going to have another theme. It is going to be simple but will give you a guideline to follow if you choose to do so. The theme this year will be UNCLE SAM.
- In addition to your overall theme display you should try to have at least one real American Flag (no matter how small or large) on your float.
- The UNCLE SAM THEME be displayed by flowers, streamers, tissue paper, paint, lights, other decorations as long as the end result shows the Uncle Sam in a respective manner. If you choose to have your parade participants dress in the Uncle Sam theme, please be sure to choose respectful and appropriate clothing.
- You may get more creative and make your vehicle become Uncle Sam, etc.
This year we are looking to bring the parade to a new level with full floats and decorations. Get your float ready for a possibility to win:
- Best in Show $150: Best overall float and show. Best theme decoration, music, walking, theme display, etc. will all be considered for this prize.
- Best Float $50: Guidelines - must have a full float, trailer bed or vehicle covered and decorated according to the theme. Cars with only signs or minimal streamers will not be included in the voting.
- Best Walking Group $50: Must be walking. Standing on floats will not count for this award.
Quiet Zones will be enforced at the end of the parade route from Magazine St and WEST. If you plan on participating in the parade, this will be a no noise, music, horns, alarms, etc. area so please make sure you prepare. If you are a family with young children or noise sensitive family members, this location is perfect for you with limited noise. We are asking that parade participants and community members be respectful of the Quiet Zone. By creating a Quiet Zone we are giving families and communities members, who otherwise might miss the parade, a chance to enjoy the parade with the community without needing to worry about loud noises.
Are you interested in doing something for Independence Day? Food vendor, arts and crafts vendors, music or children's activities are more than welcome to be a part of the day's festivities! Contact us today to learn more about how you can get involved and we will get you in touch with the right people.
Fireworks will take place shortly after 10:00pm in Sault Ste. Marie, MI that can be seen from both Sault Ste. Marie, MI and Sault Ste. Marie, ON. Sault Ste. Marie, ON will also be having fireworks for Canada Day on July 1st that can be seen from Sault Ste. Marie, MI. You won't want to miss out!
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD REGISTRATION FORM FOR 2015
PLEASE REGISTER NO LATER THAN
FRIDAY, JUNE 26TH TO SECURE YOUR SPOT!
**Note: To help with costs in organizing the parade, each entry will require registration and a small $10 fee. Military units and organizations are excempt from the fee.
Page 1 of 3
International Bridge Crossing Information - Click Here
Provided to you by the International Bridge Administration
Copyright 2015 © Sault Area Chamber of Commerce. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Sygnifi Networks.2581 I-75 Business Spur • Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783 • (906) 632-3301 • firstname.lastname@example.org